Issues touched on and quotes from this episode include:
– Does Goldwater-Nichols inhibit the military’s ability to plan against global threats?
– Does Goldwater-Nichols inadvertently make consensus the goal, vice best military advice?
– Are we ready for Four Star Fight Club in the military to resolve resourcing issues?
– Has the last commanding General of U.S. forces in Afghanistan been born yet?
– The purpose of the game is to perpetuate the game.
– It is time to give more authority to the services for the movement of forces globally.
– Should there only be one service (as per Harry Truman)?
– Listen to the genesis of the next best-selling genre at Amazon: National Security Children’s Books.
– Why does the Unified Command Plan seem to drive all the seams to sea?
– Should the Military, Department of Defense, and the Department of State use the same geographical organization, or does that just make too much sense?
– So who does global defense strategy? Not the Combatant Commands.
– What if before the war everyone showed up?
And much more!
You can listen via Sticher by clicking here, or iTunes by clicking here. You can also listen on our website by clicking play below or download The Smell of Victory to your favorite podcatcher via our RSS feed below.