Divergent Options is a non-politically aligned non-revenue generating national security website that, in 1,000 words or less, provides unbiased, dispassionate, candid articles that assess a national security situation, present multiple options to address the situation, and articulate the risk and gain of each option. Please note that while we assess a national security situation and may provide options, we never recommend a specific option.
Below you will see a Call for Papers. If you are not interested in writing on this topic, we always welcome individual articles on virtually any national security situation an author is passionate about. Please do not let our call for papers cause you to hesitate to send us your idea. We look forward to hearing from you!
Call for Papers:
Divergent Options is calling for national security papers assessing situations or discussing options related to Threats and Opportunities in 2050.
We understand 2050 is a long way off, and finding sources for predictions is challenging, and on that note we offer our previous work with Alternative Futures to show potential writers something similar to what this Call for Papers is looking for: https://divergentoptions.org/category/topics/alternative-futures-histories-counterfactuals/
Please send your article to email@example.com by December 18, 2022.
Below is a list of prompts that may inspire potential writers:
– What does military force design and its supporting industrial base look like in 2050?
– In 2050, what threats and opportunities face Ukraine?
– Describe career management for national security personnel in 2050.
– What does the civil-military divide look like in 2050?
– What threats and opportunities face the People’s Republic of China in 2050?
– What does quantum computing look like in 2050 and what are the national security implications?
– In 2050, what threats and opportunities face Taiwan?
– Technology X finally matured in 2050, what are the national security implications?
– What threats and opportunities face Russia in 2050?
– Describe military training and education in 2050.
– What threats and opportunities are present in 2050 related to artificial intelligence?
– What does terrorism look like in 2050?
– What threats and opportunities are present in 2050 related to influence activities?
– What threats and opportunities are present in 2050 related to cyber?