Today on The Smell of Victory Podcast, Bob Hein and Phil Walter sat down with Tamara Cofman Wittes of The Brookings Institution and the Divergent Options Strategic Advisory Board to discuss human rights and national security.
This hour-long discussion touched on:
– Cold War human rights policies of Nixon and Kissinger
– Jeane Kirkpatrick’s article “Dictators and Double Standards”
– Post Cold War human rights policies
– The U.S. relationship with Saudi Arabia following the killing of Washington Post correspondent Jamal Khashoggi
– The incongruence of U.S. words on human rights vs U.S. deeds
– Maximizing the value of imperfect instruments
– Degrees of hypocrisy that are inevitable vs degrees of hypocrisy that get in our way
– Information about the #NatSecGirlSquad Conference
And much more!
You can listen via Sticher by clicking here, or iTunes by clicking here. You can also listen on our website by clicking play below or download The Smell of Victory to your favorite podcatcher via our RSS feed below.